Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> Exactly my point; how many production Windows servers do you have with gzip
> anywhere near them? Andreas' point about pipes is also valid though - it's
> simply not the norm on Windows as I found when we were porting Slony
> (more.exe barfs at >8MB being pipe in).

I don't see that we should allow Windows' deficiencies to be an argument
against providing a facility that would be useful on all our other platforms.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Possible TODO item: copy to/from pipe