Re: [GENERAL] query not scaling

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: [GENERAL] query not scaling
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] query not scaling  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Rob Sargent wrote:
> I have a query I cannot tame and I'm wondering if there's an alternative
> to  the "between"  clause I'm  using.  Perhaps  a custom  type could  do
> better?  I've  tried the "<@" orperator and that changes the  query plan
> significantly but the execution cost/time is not improved.
>
> Any suggestion or pointers much appreciated.

You really need EXPLAIN (ANALYZE, BUFFERS) output to be able to
undersrand what is going on.

A couple of simple things to check:

- Have all tables been ANALYZED beforehand?
- Are all optimizer database parameters identical?

Also, to have PostgreSQL inline the function, which would be good
for performance, it should be declared IMMUTABLE.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Celia McInnis
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] How do I insert and update into a table of arrays ofcomposite types via a select command?
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Making subscribers read only in Postgres 10 logicalreplication