Re: Constraint stuff

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Constraint stuff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jan Wieck <janwieck@Yahoo.com> writes:
>     PL/Tcl and PL/pgSQL will load a function's source only once a
>     session.   The  functions loaded are identified by OID, so if
>     you drop/create a function, the PL handler will simply load a
>     different  function too (from his point of view). At the time
>     we are able to ALTER a function, we  might  want  to  include
>     some version counter to pg_proc and in the fmgr_info?

More generally, the PL functions need to be able to deal with
recomputing saved plans after an ALTER of a table referenced by the
function.  I haven't really thought about how to do that ... but it
seems like Stephan's idea of a table showing referencers and referencees
might help detect the cases where plans have to be flushed.