Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review

От Linreg
Тема Re: pgAgent: C++ Port - Patch Review
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave,

Connection Pooling:

okay. I will reimplementing the connection pool.

Am Sonntag, 15. September 2013, 15:02:03 schrieb Dave Page:

> > > Another problem that I've noticed is that you've unconditionally

> > > changed the logging format to be pipe delimited. This is also not

> > > acceptable as part of this patch, and should be discussed and

> > > implemented separately. At minimum, this would need to be a

> > > configurable behaviour change, and by default, I would want it to

> > > implement standard (comma delimited) CSV, not a pipe delimited

> > > version.

> > okay. i change this feature to configurable behaviour.

> > By default logging will be as before.

> > can i add an commandline parameter for this?

> > is it than acceptable?

> I think so - but please do that as a separate patch. We don't like to mixup

> multiple changes in the same patch/commit as it's harder to find issues or

> review the history in the future.

okay. I will make it so.

> > Okay, thats a problem.

> > I use features from c++11 standard like "atomic" and "thread"

> > My suggestion:

> > the Pure-C++-Version is is for newer OS / Compiler suits and not backward

> > compatible (relating compiler / c++ version)

> > Is the way a possible?

> Not really, as it requires maintenance of 2 code branches until we can

> completely deprecate the old wxWidgets code. That's why PostgreSQL itself

> is extremely conservative about what they'll support. We're not nearly as

> bad as that, but we do need to carry on supporting RHEL 5 and similarly

> aged OSs for a while.

I examine whether the use of the boost lib is possible. it should.

I think they has a better backward compatibility.

Please can you review this for me by http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/statechart.html

you know better than i the version of supported compiler / plattforms.

Thomas Steffen

От: Neel Patel
Сообщение: Fix for Slony replication issue in pgAdmin
От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: pgAdmin website commit: Fix the release date