Re: Seed pgAdmin roles with Active Directory groups when using Docker

От Marcus Vinicius Castro
Тема Re: Seed pgAdmin roles with Active Directory groups when using Docker
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
My friend, I didn't use this feature yet. but, I believe that you can write PowerShell script to help with that.

I used PowerShell to set up my containers.

Best regards.

Marcus Henriques

Desenvolvedor – Spassu Tecnologia

Tel: + 55 (21) 98065-7785

Em segunda-feira, 25 de setembro de 2023 às 08:02:32 BRT, mu88 <mu88+dev@posteo.eu> escreveu:

Hi,

I want to setup a pgAdmin instance for our team using the Docker deployment. As our organization uses Active Directory, I'd like to assign the pgAdmin User role to a specific AD group when starting the pgAdmin Docker container.

Within the docs I already found the option to use pgAdmin with LDAP, so hopefully accessing our AD should work.

What I didn't find: is it possible to assign a pgAdmin role to an AD group or only to AD users? And if yes, can this automatically happen on Docker container start (e. g. by using an environment variable or a config file similar to servers.json)?

Or put in other words: is it possible that it looks like this after container start only by configuration without any manual interaction?

Best regards!

PS: you find this question here as well: https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions/331385/seed-pgadmin-roles-with-active-directory-groups-when-using-docker

От: Yogesh Mahajan
Сообщение: Re: Seed pgAdmin roles with Active Directory groups when using Docker
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Handling idle connections