Re: Replication failure, slave requesting old segments

От Phil Endecott
Тема Re: Replication failure, slave requesting old segments
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> "If you set up a WAL archive that's accessible from the standby, these
> solutions are not required, since the standby can always use the archive
> to catch up provided it retains enough segments. *This is dependent on
> verification that the archiving is working properly. A belt and
> suspenders approach would be to set wal_keep_segments to a value > 0 in
> the event archiving is not properly functioning*"
> "

Adrian, I believe that the suggestion that my issue was the result of
my archiving process not working is not correct.

The quote above does not address the requirement for wal_keep_segments
to be >= 1 even when archiving is functioning correctly.

I will continue to monitor this thread in the hope that others will
confirm my understanding, but otherwise I will bow out now (and file a
bug).

Thanks to all.

Phil.

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Replication failure, slave requesting old segments
От: Ashu Pachauri
Сообщение: Fwd: is there any adverse effect on DB if I set autovacuum scale factor to zero?