Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns
Дата
Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns  (Fazal Majid <majid@apsalar.com>)
Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> majid@apsalar.com wrote:
>> Reproduction case:
>>
>> create table A(a int, b int, c int);
>> create table B(a int, c int);
>> alter table A inherit B;

> I wonder if the real fix here is to have ALTER / INHERIT error out of
> the columns in B are not a prefix of those in A.

Years ago, we sweated quite a lot of blood to make these cases work.
I'm not thrilled about throwing away all that effort because one person
doesn't like the behavior.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9553: why bitmap index scan startup_cost=0? it's a bug?
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: BUG #9531: Failed to install