6.5.3 - backend closes if wrong parameters to NULLIF, CASE

От Emils Klotins
Тема 6.5.3 - backend closes if wrong parameters to NULLIF, CASE
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Continuing to try to work with the things.

I have a table "authors" with approx following fields:
( name text, id int4, birthdate date, ... , address_id int4 )

- when using a wrong CASE or NULLIF in INSERT/UPDATE
statement on birthdate, it seems that it corrupts the
address_id field.

Ie. If I do a thing like UPDATE authors set
birthdate=NULLIF(date '12-12-1999', date '') ...

the backend will die and whenever afterwards I try to SELECT
the address_id field from the updated row, it would die again.

If I do a SELECT NULLIF(date '12-12-1999', date '') it will
correctly complain that '' is a wrong date value.

Seems also that when I try to UPDATE/INSERT using a CASE
stmt it would die too, again corrupting the address_id field.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Emils Klotins"
Сообщение: Backend dies (6.5.3-1) on SELECT from 6 row table
От: "Artur Kokoszka"
Сообщение: national character once again