Re: Julian Day 0 question

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Julian Day 0 question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Chernow <ac@esilo.com> writes:
> Looks like a difference in calendars: I think the docs give the starting
> date in Julian proleptic Calendar while to_char returns Gregorian
> proleptic Calendar.

Yeah.  We're definitely using Gregorian counting, because we're omitting
leap years at multiples of 400 years:

regression=# select 'J114417'::date;
     date
---------------
 4400-02-28 BC
(1 row)

regression=# select 'J114418'::date;
     date
---------------
 4400-03-01 BC
(1 row)

So as far as that goes, I'm inclined to leave the code alone and adjust
the docs.

The regular date input routine hasn't got a problem with J0:

regression=# select 'J1'::date;
     date
---------------
 4714-11-25 BC
(1 row)

regression=# select 'J0'::date;
     date
 4714-11-24 BC
(1 row)

so to_date's behavior in the case seems a bit broken, but I'm not sure
if it's worth fixing.  IIRC that code uses zero to mean "field not
entered", so it'd need some ugly hack to handle this.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: postgres writer process growing up too much
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: mssql migration and boolean to integer problems