Re: systemd service start - disable timeout with "infinity"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: systemd service start - disable timeout with "infinity"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2022 at 12:11:19PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... maybe zero works too, or worked when this was written?
>> But you're right that "infinity" is now the documented way
>> to do it.  Will fix, thanks for the report.

> +# 0 is the same as infinity, but "infinity" needs systemd 229

Ah, thanks for the data point.  229 is far enough back that
I'm not too troubled about that; besides, since this is just
a documentation example, clarity is more important.

BTW, what I read in the systemd docs is that TimeoutSec is
a shorthand for setting both TimeoutStartSec and TimeoutStopSec,
so the code in our RPMs looks a bit dubious now:

 # Do not set any timeout value, so that systemd will not kill postmaster
 # during crash recovery.
 TimeoutSec=0

+# 0 is the same as infinity, but "infinity" needs systemd 229
+TimeoutStartSec=0
+
+TimeoutStopSec=1h
+
 [Install]

This is making assumptions about what order the values are applied
in, plus the initial comment is no longer very accurate.

От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: systemd service start - disable timeout with "infinity"
От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: SQL "RETURNING * | output_expression [ [ AS ]" is wrong