Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Compiling HEAD with -Werror int 64-bit mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> So to summarize, this is just a bad idea.  Creating a less obscure way
> to use -Werror might be worthwhile, though.

I suppose we could add "--with-Werror" but it seems pretty specialized
to me.  A more appropriate solution would allow the user to provide
flags that get added to CFLAGS only after we do all the configure tests
(implying that it's on the user's head that these flags are right and
don't break anything, but then again that's pretty much true of up-front
CFLAGS too).  And that basically describes COPTS ... the only thing
lacking is documentation.