Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dmitry Tkach <dmitry@openratings.com> writes:
> Does it mean that the *application* (not the database) user would then
> have to know the exact specific way to represent the current time in his
> data entry form?
> Such an application looks like (how do I say it politely?) not a very
> user-friendly one to me :-)

So?  "now()" is certainly not more user-friendly than "now".  My point
is that wherever you are making the decision that you want to input
current time, there may be layers between you and the database that will
only want to pass data-value strings and not function invocations.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Dmitry Tkach
Сообщение: Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.
От: Dmitry Tkach
Сообщение: Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.