Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes  (Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Konstantin Knizhnik <k.knizhnik@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> My proposal is to check value of function for functional indexes instead
> of just comparing set of effected attributes.
> Obviously, for some complex functions it may  have negative effect on
> update speed.
> This is why I have added "surjective" option to index.

This seems overcomplicated.  We would have to compute the function
value at some point anyway.  Can't we refactor to do that earlier?

От: Konstantin Knizhnik
Сообщение: [HACKERS] Surjective functional indexes
От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] CREATE STATISTICS statistic_type documentation