Re: Postgres open source upgrades

От Teja Jakkidi
Тема Re: Postgres open source upgrades
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> unix_socket_directories Is set to the default one which is /temp

Before the minor upgrade it is using the correct location. However after upgrade when I started Postgres using pg_ctl
start,logs reported as listening on socket at /tmp. So the server started on correct socket.
However when I tried using psql, it is checking a completed different socket location /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432

Thanks and Regards,
J. Teja Sri.

> On Jun 28, 2022, at 1:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
> Teja Jakkidi <teja.jakkidi05@gmail.com> writes:
>> Cluster started and I was able to connect remotely with no issues. However when I tried using psql, I got below
error:
>>        Connection to server on socket “/var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432” failed.
>> But my postgres has been using socket file in /tmp location before upgrade. I am not sure why after upgrade psql is
searchingat a different allocation for socket.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Postgres open source upgrades
От: Karl Denninger
Сообщение: Re: Postgres open source upgrades