Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Retroactively adding send and recv functions to a type?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> * Vik Fearing (vik.fearing@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> We generally discourage updating the catalogs directly.  This was why I
>> wrote the CREATE/ALTER DATABASE patch in 2014 that you helped me with
>> (fbb1d7d73f8).
>> I'm willing to work on a patch for ALTER TYPE if it has a chance of
>> being accepted.

> Seems pretty clear that it'd be a useful thing to have, so +1 from me,
> at least.

We'd have to be extremely circumspect about what aspects of a base
type could be altered after-the-fact.  Adding binary I/O functions
seems unproblematic, but I'm not very sure what else is.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump problems: [archiver (db)] query failed: ERROR: relation"pg_opfamily" does not exist