Re: pguint Installation error in PostgreSQL server version 11.2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pguint Installation error in PostgreSQL server version 11.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Suresh Seema <suresh.seema@opsveda.com> writes:
> I have installed PostgresSQL 11.2 version on Centos 7 and try to install
> *pguint* from source to install *TINYINT* datatype .
> *[postgres] # CREATE EXTENSION  uint;ERROR:  XX000: could not load library
> "/usr/pgsql-11/lib/uint.so": /usr/pgsql-11/lib/uint.so: undefined symbol:
> GET_1_BYTE

This is not a dependency problem.  GET_1_BYTE() was a macro defined in
PG10 and before, but it doesn't exist anymore as of PG11.  There are
two fairly plausible reasons why you might get this failure:

1. You built pguint against pre-v11 Postgres header files.

2. pguint actually contains a direct reference to GET_1_BYTE(), in
which case it's going to need some source-code fixes.

I don't know which applies.  But check your build process first.

От: Scott Ribe
Сообщение: Re: How do I alter an existing column and add a foreign key which isa Primary key to a table?
От: Evan Bauer
Сообщение: Re: install PostgreSQL using docker