Re: Is it possible to remove the public schema?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Is it possible to remove the public schema?
Дата
Re: Is it possible to remove the public schema?  ("Henry Combrinck" <henry@metroweb.co.za>)
Список pgsql-general
"Henry Combrinck" <henry@metroweb.co.za> writes:
> I've been approached by the development people about removing the 'public'
> schema.  They complain about having to manually remove the 'public_' tag
> from table names generated by their development software whenever they
> link to PG via ODBC.

> Renaming or using another schema is not what they're after either.

Hmm ... you can certainly drop the public schema if you want, but that
just means that you have to put your tables into some other schema.

It sounds to me like the real problem is with non-schema-aware client
software.  I think your options are to fix that, or downgrade to a
non-schema-aware database (eg. Postgres 7.2 or before).

От: Karsten Hilbert
Сообщение: Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL
От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Information about storge engine in PostgreSQL