Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2008/5/12 Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>:

>> Now, the elephant in the room is the issue of Oracle compatibility.
>> None of this looks anything even a little bit like Oracle's RAISE
>> command.  Oracle allows
>>       RAISE exception_name ;
>>       RAISE ;
>
> I'm probably in the minority, but I care more about SQL/PSM
> compatibility than Oracle compatibility.  I would hope that the ISO
> standard is at least a gorilla sitting in the corner of the room.
>
> If it's not too impractical, a nod toward these would be good:
>
> DECLARE condition-name CONDITION FOR SQLSTATE VALUE character-literal
>
> SIGNAL condition-name
>
> -Kevin

plpgsql can't be SQL/PSM compatible - it's goal other language
plpgpsm, and there is condition declared via standard.

Pavel

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension
От: "Pavel Stehule"
Сообщение: Re: Syntax decisions for pl/pgsql RAISE extension