Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch

От Pavel Stehule
Тема Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch
Дата
Re: Issues for named/mixed function notation patch  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Sorry, I'm having trouble understanding what you're driving at here.
> I think we should just not allow named notation to be combined with
> VARIADIC, at least for a first version of this feature, either when
> defining a function or when calling one.  We can consider relaxing
> that restriction at a later date if we can agree on what the semantics
> should be.

This is maybe too strict. I thing, so safe version is allow variadic
packed parameter with VARIADIC keyword as Jeff proposes.

I'll send actualised patch today.

Pavel