Re: WAL archiving idle database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WAL archiving idle database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> We *could* force it to perform a log switch whether or not new WAL has
> been written.

That would be a truly awful idea.

I think the right answer for Kevin's situation really is to be doing a
dummy transaction every few minutes as one component of his system
monitoring.  That way he gets the behavior he wants, and it needn't
preclude us from fixing the default behavior to be less wasteful.

От: andy
Сообщение: Re: Postgres+Apache+PHP (again, but in different setup)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: I want to search my project source code