Re: Unexplained rapid growth in memory usage of idle backends

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unexplained rapid growth in memory usage of idle backends
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Alex Balashov <abalashov@evaristesys.com> writes:
> Occasionally, about once every 2 months, we'll get a slow-motion implosion over a period of about 24 hours, where the
residentmemory size of some of the backends shoots up from a reasonable few hundred MB to several gigs -- and will keep
growing,e.g.

I'm a little suspicious that the excess memory consumption is a
consequence of JIT-compiled code not getting recycled promptly.
Do you have JIT enabled, and if so are you relying on it too much
to turn it off?

I don't have any concrete idea of why JIT code management would work
fine and then stop working fine, but we do have other reports of
memory leaks from that.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql code is not working.
От: J T
Сообщение: Re: Unexplained rapid growth in memory usage of idle backends