Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions

От Erik Wienhold
Тема Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16/09/2023 22:19 CEST David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 2023, at 23:59, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
> > movie @? '$ ?($.year >= 2023)'
> >
> > I believe it is indeed not possible to have such a unequality-search use
> > the GIN index.  It is another weakness of JSON that can be unexpected to
> > those not in the fullness of Knowledge of the manual. Yes, this too would
> > be good to explain in the doc where JSON indexes are explained.
>
> Is that a limitation of GIN indexes in general? Or could there be opclass
> improvements in the future that would enable such comparisons?

This detail is mentioned in docs [1]:

"For these operators, a GIN index extracts clauses of the form
 **accessors_chain = constant** out of the jsonpath pattern, and does the
 index search based on the keys and values mentioned in these clauses."

I don't know if this is a general limitation of GIN indexes or just how these
operators are implemented right now.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/datatype-json.html#JSON-INDEXING

--
Erik

От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: Re: Add 'worker_type' to pg_stat_subscription
От: "David E. Wheeler"
Сообщение: Re: JSON Path and GIN Questions