Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression

От pgsql@mohawksoft.com
Тема Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression
Дата
Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression  (Nicolai Tufar <ntufar@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 15:38:58 -0500 (EST), pgsql@mohawksoft.com
> <pgsql@mohawksoft.com> wrote:
>> Is there a reason why we don't use the snprintf that comes with the
>> various C compilers?
>
> snprintf() is usually buried in OS libraries. We implement
> our own snprintf to make things like this:
> snprintf(buf,"%2$s %1$s","world","Hello");
> which is not supported on some platforms work.
>
> We do it for national language translation of
> messages. In some languages you may need
> to change order of parameters to make a meaningful
> sentence.
>
> Another question is why we are using it for printing
> values from database. I am not too good on function
> overriding in standard C but maybe there is a way
> to usage of standard snprintf() in a particular place.

Well, here is a stupid question, do we even know which snprintf we are
using on Win32? May it be possible that we are using the MingW version
which may be broken?

От: Nicolai Tufar
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-hackers-win32] snprintf causes regression tests to fail