Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Looks good to me.
> I tested the behavior with partitioned tables and it seems OK.

Thanks for reviewing/testing!

> It would be good to have a test case in src/bin/pg_dump/t/002_pg_dump.pl
> for the case

Personally I won't touch 002_pg_dump.pl with a 10-foot pole, but if
somebody else wants to, have at it.

> ... and I find it odd that we don't seem to have anything
> for the "CREATE TABLE foo (LIKE sometab INCLUDING stuff)" form of the
> command ... but neither of those seem the fault of this patch, and they
> both work as [I think] is intended.

Hm, there's this in compression.sql:

-- test LIKE INCLUDING COMPRESSION
CREATE TABLE cmdata2 (LIKE cmdata1 INCLUDING COMPRESSION);
\d+ cmdata2

Or did you mean the case with a partitioned table specifically?

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: storing an explicit nonce