Re: RULE regression test fragility?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: RULE regression test fragility?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2013-10-26 11:27:19 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> +1 (but what are those silly parens in pg_seclabels definition?),
>>
>> That looks weird to me too, but it's surely not the fault of this patch.
>> Maybe we should take a look at exactly what ruleutils is doing there.

> Imo what it does looks sane - it adds parentheses whenever a child of a
> set operation is a set operation again to make sure the order in which
> the generated set operations are parsed/interpreted stays the same.

I'm not objecting to the parens being there, but I think the layout
doesn't look nice.  Not immediately sure what would look better though.
Obvious alternatives include one line per paren:
( (  (   SELECT ...

or getting rid of the space between parens:
(((SELECT ...

but I'm not sure I'm thrilled with either of those.  Thoughts?

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: RULE regression test fragility?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: RULE regression test fragility?