Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Move pg_attribute.attcompression to earlier in struct for reduced size?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Yea, I tested that - it does help in the integer case. But the bigger
> contributors are the loop over the attributes, and especially the access
> to the datum's compression method. Particularly the latter seems hard to
> avoid.

So maybe we should just dump the promise that VACUUM FULL will recompress
everything?  I'd be in favor of that actually, because it seems 100%
outside the charter of either VACUUM FULL or CLUSTER.

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Decoding speculative insert with toast leaks memory
От: Bharath Rupireddy
Сообщение: Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS