Further clarification in documentation: No deletion of unreferenced large objects

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Further clarification in documentation: No deletion of unreferenced large objects
Дата
Re: Further clarification in documentation: No deletion of unreferenced large objects  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Re: Further clarification in documentation: No deletion of unreferenced large objects  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/datatype-binary.html

When deleting a row that references (contains) a large object, I think that
most users expect the DBMS to take care of the, now unreferenced, BLOB. It's
good to know that PostgreSQL handles this differently and that one must
periodically use vacuumlo to avoid BLOB data piling up. At least, that's
what I understood.

I think a small paragraph in the documentation about this would help many
people. I can help with writing, if needed.

Kind regards
Oliver Marienfeld