Re: Error with DISTINCT and AS keywords

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error with DISTINCT and AS keywords
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
> Does anyone know what type a quoted literal has?

It's assigned the placeholder type UNKNOWN until the parser can figure
out from context what type it should be.  Unfortunately in this case
there's no context the parser knows how to work with.

> It does strike me as a little
> unexpected that a quoted string doesn't default to text.

Yeah, I have a TODO item to let unknown be resolved to text when the
only available context is an ORDER BY (or equivalently DISTINCT)
request.  I've looked at this a little bit but not figured out where
the cleanest place to do it is.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Error with DISTINCT and AS keywords
От: Jean-Luc Lachance
Сообщение: Re: Error with DISTINCT and AS keywords