Confusing reference to MERGE use inside WITH

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Confusing reference to MERGE use inside WITH
Дата
Re: Confusing reference to MERGE use inside WITH  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/queries-with.html

Hi.

In the queries WITH documentation
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/15/queries-with.html it is a bit confusing
that MERGE is referenced in several places as being something you can use
inside with, even though it can't.

If you search for MERGE on the page, you will find the 2 first results is a
reference saying MERGE can be used inside WITH, the same as SELECT, INSERT,
UPDATE, or DELETE. The 3rd result then correctly states that MERGE cannot be
used inside WITH.

If I'm misunderstanding the meaning of the first 2 results, then I apologise
:)

Greetings
Rasmus Porsager

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Improvement of clarity in pg_ctl command docummentation
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: Confusing reference to MERGE use inside WITH