Re: initdb --no-locale=C doesn't work as specified when the environment is not C

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: initdb --no-locale=C doesn't work as specified when the environment is not C
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> Commit 3e51b278db leaves lc_* conf lines as commented-out when
> their value is "C". This leads to the following behavior.

Hmm ... I see a contributing factor here: this bit in
postgresql.conf.sample is a lie:

#lc_messages = 'C'            # locale for system error message
                    # strings

A look in guc_tables.c shows that the actual default is '' (empty
string), which means "use the environment", and that matches how the
variable is documented in config.sgml.  Somebody --- quite possibly me
--- was misled by the contents of postgresql.conf.sample into thinking
that the lc_xxx GUCs all default to C, when that's only true for the
others.

I think that a more correct fix for this would treat lc_messages
differently from the other lc_xxx GUCs.  Maybe just eliminate the
hack about not substituting "C" for that one?

In any case, we need to fix this mistake in postgresql.conf.sample.

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
От: Maxim Orlov
Сообщение: How to stop autovacuum silently