Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback

От Nörder-Tuitje, Marcus
Тема Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Mmmm, good question.

MVCC blocks reading processes when data is modified. using autocommit implies that each modification statement is an
atomicoperation.

on a massive readonly table, where no data is altered, MVCC shouldn't have any effect (but this is only an assumption)
basingon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mvcc

using rowlevel locks with write access should make most of the mostly available to reading-only sessions, but this is
anassumption only, too.

maybe the community knows a little more ;-)

regards,
marcus

От: Grega Bremec
Сообщение: Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback
От: Markus Schaber
Сообщение: Re: Read only transactions - Commit or Rollback