Re: Postgresql 9.6 -> AWS RDS Postgresql 12.2 with pg_logical

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Postgresql 9.6 -> AWS RDS Postgresql 12.2 with pg_logical
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2020-05-31 06:33, Igor Polishchuk wrote:
> I need to replicate Postgresql 9.6 to  AWS RDS Postgresql 12.2 with
> pg_logical.
> AWS RDS Pg 12.2 (target) only supports pg_logical 2.3.0.
> Can I use v2.3.1 on the source and v2.3.0 on the target?

In principle yes, since the compatibility is controlled by a protocol
version that is separate from the release version.

Note, however, that 2.3.1 is a bug-fix release on top of 2.3.0, and
there is now also a 2.3.2.  Just like with PostgreSQL core, it's
advisable to use the latest minor release, and if anything goes wrong,
the first piece of advice would likely be to upgrade.

От: legrand legrand
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_sql_plans ALPHA released
От: Paul Förster
Сообщение: Re: How to start slave after pg_basebackup. Why min_wal_size andwal_keep_segments are duplicated