Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 07:30:30PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> See the note at the top of that file that all queries are expected
>> to work with server versions back to 7.4.

> Would it be OK to have a different code path for pre-8.4 databases?

I don't really see the point here.  describe.c exists to get the job
done, not to show off fancy features.

BTW, has anyone thought about what's gonna happen if the table has got
thousands of inheritance children?

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Have \d show child tables that inherit from the specified parent
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Proposed Patch to Improve Performance of Multi-BatchHash Join for Skewed Data Sets