28.4.4. Progress Reporting phase status

От PG Doc comments form
Тема 28.4.4. Progress Reporting phase status
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/progress-reporting.html

Hi there,

I noticed that in "28.4.4. Progress Reporting" chapter for
`pg_stat_progress_create_index`, the  "Table 28.43. CREATE INDEX Phases" may
be misleading as phase displayed for "building index" is often more
detailed.
I found in this presentation[1] (slide 20) what seems to be the exact status
displayed by the table while creating the index.
Maybe documentation table displaying all status could be extended to display
the following status:

- building index: initializing [2]
- building index: scanning table
- building index: sorting live tuples
- building index: sorting dead tuples
- building index: loading tuples in tree

I hope this email is somewhat useful and I apologise in advance as english
is my second language.
Best regards from France,

Eve Fritz

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/images/3/38/Progress-report.pdf
[2] I'm not sure that this one actually exists but I've seen the ones below
while testing in my local environment

От: Marcel Hofstetter
Сообщение: Re: 17beta1 source download does not include docs & manpages
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: Ambiguous description on new columns