Re: EXPLAIN (plan off, rewrite off) for benchmarking

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: EXPLAIN (plan off, rewrite off) for benchmarking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Explain is just a vehicle here, I admit that. But on what else should I bolt
> it?

If you don't like CREATE RULE, try having your test program send just
Parse messages, and not Bind/Execute.  I still dislike the idea of
exposing a fundamentally-broken-and-useless variant of EXPLAIN in order
to have a test harness for a variant of performance testing that hardly
anyone cares about.  (There is no real-world case where the performance
of the parser matters in isolation.)  If we do that, it will be a
feature that we have to support forever, and possibly fix bugs in ---
what if the system crashes because the rewriter wasn't invoked, for
example?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: foreign key locks, 2nd attempt
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: COUNT(*) and index-only scans