Re: pgsql: doc: use simpler language for NULL return from ANY/ALL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: doc: use simpler language for NULL return from ANY/ALL
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> doc:  use simpler language for NULL return from ANY/ALL
> Previously the combination of "does not return" and "any row" caused
> ambiguity.

IMO this is not an improvement.  It's turned something that read
reasonably well into something that sounds like it was written by
a not very good speaker of English.  In particular, the lack of
grammatical matching between the two parts of the sentence is now
quite confusing:

    The result is NULL if no comparison with a subquery row returns true,
    and it returns NULL for at least one row.

The antecedent of "it" was clear before, and is not now, at least to me.

Maybe you could replace that clause with "..., and at least one comparison
returns NULL."

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: pgsql: GUC: adjust effective_cache_size docs and SQL description
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: doc: use simpler language for NULL return from ANY/ALL