Re: pseudo-type record arguments for PL-functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pseudo-type record arguments for PL-functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thomas@tada.se> writes:
> Yes, of course. I see that now. I was unaware that a function had an
> associated "user data". What's the semantics associated with the
> fn_extra? Does it retain its setting throughout a session (i.e. the
> lifetime of the backend process)?

No, just for the query.  I'd advise using it only as a cache, although
set-returning functions sometimes use it to hold state associated with
successive rows of their result.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: bug? non working casts for domain
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: bug? non working casts for domain