Re: ALTER TABLE ... CLUSTER ON synopsis

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE ... CLUSTER ON synopsis
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> The reference page for ALTER TABLE[1] correctly has the synopsis:

>     CLUSTER ON <replaceable class="PARAMETER">index_name</replaceable>

> but later leaves off the "ON" keyword:

> I think the latter description should match the former, especially
> since 'ON' is mandatory; small patch attached.

Done, though I'm not sure we've ever tried to be consistent for such
things.

The main inconsistency I notice on that page is that some of the
subform descriptions repeat the whole syntax while others only show
the initial keyword(s).  Should we try to be more consistent about
that, and if so, in which direction?

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: SQL key word list and SQL:2011
От: Josh Kupershmidt
Сообщение: Re: ALTER TABLE ... CLUSTER ON synopsis