Re: On /*----- comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: On /*----- comments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> writes:
> Except for the translator comments, I think those others forgot about
> the end-guards by accident. But they look just as nice to me. It's
> probably not worth the code churn to remove them from existing comments,
> but how about we stop requiring them in new code, and update the
> pgindent README accordingly?

Seems reasonable; the trailing dashes eat a line without adding much.

Should we also provide specific guidance about how many leading dashes
to use for this?  I vaguely recall that pgindent might only need one,
but I think using somewhere around 5 to 10 looks better.

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: On /*----- comments
От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: XLog size reductions: Reduced XLog record header size for PG17