Re: What about Perl autodie?

От Daniel Gustafsson
Тема Re: What about Perl autodie?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 19 Feb 2024, at 01:54, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> On 2024-02-14 We 11:52, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>> A gentler way might be to start using some perlcritic policies like InputOutput::RequireCheckedOpen or the more
generalInputOutput::RequireCheckedSyscalls and add explicit error checking at the sites it points out.  And then if we
startusing autodie in the future, any inappropriate backpatching of calls lacking error checks would be caught.

> Yeah, that should work.

I didn't study the referenced rules but the concept seems sane, so definitely a
+1 on that.

--
Daniel Gustafsson

От: Andrei Lepikhov
Сообщение: Re: POC, WIP: OR-clause support for indexes
От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: Why is subscription/t/031_column_list.pl failing so much?