Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"

От Daxu Yin
Тема Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi Yogesh,

Thanks a lot for promptly following this up.

I kind of "fix" or bypassed the problem by examining the /var/log/httpd/error_log,

1. The error log suggested something wrong with the libpq package. The RHEL 8 instance has libpq5, but not libpq. So I installed:
sudo yum install -y libpq
sudo yum install -y libpq-devel  # not 100% sure we need this one

At this point, somehow I feel I need to reinstall the pgadmin4, 'cause pgadmin4 perhaps would be "aware" of the new libpq, so I removed pgadmin4 and reinstalled it:
sudo yum remove pgadmin4
sudo yum install pgadmin4-web
sudo /usr/pgadmin4/bin/setup-web.sh

2. Restarted the server, the error log complained something wrong with psycopg python library. I have python 3.6 and python 3.11 on the node already, and later pgadmin4 brought in python 3.9. I did the followings:

cd /usr/pgadmin4/venv/bin
source activate #make sure I am in the python 3.9 environment
pip install "psycopg[binary,pool]"
deactivate

3. Restarted the server, the error log now suggested lack of privileges to access psycopg, I did the followings

cd /usr/pgadmin4/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages
chmod -R 755 *

Finally, restart the httpd, everything seems working now.

Please let me know if this could be the right solution, or any alternative ones.

Many thanks.

Daxu Yin
410-340-5842

On Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 06:39:22 AM EDT, Yogesh Mahajan <yogesh.mahajan@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Hi Daxu,

Can you please share apache2 logs located at /etc/httpd/logs/error.log?

Thanks,
Yogesh Mahajan
EnterpriseDB

On Wed, Sep 6, 2023 at 2:14 AM Daxu Yin <daxuyin@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi,

We've just installed pgadmin4 version 7.6 following the instructions at Download (pgadmin.org)
However, we've received "500 Internal Server Error" at http://127.0.0.1/pgadmin4

There is zero content at /var/log/pgadmin/pgadmin4.log

Could anyone kindly help us? Many thanks in advance,

Inline image
Inline image

Daxu Yin
410-340-5842

От: Yogesh Mahajan
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"
От: Khushboo Vashi
Сообщение: Re: pgadmin4 7.6 on RHEL 8.8 receives "Internal Server Error"