BUG #17919: "client hello" message / SNI / Openshift Routes

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #17919: "client hello" message / SNI / Openshift Routes
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17919
Logged by:          Ronald van de Kuil
Email address:      ronald.van.de.kuil@nl.ibm.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.2
Operating system:   windows server 2019

I have deployed postgresql in Openshift with a certificate that matches its
openshift route name.

Then it should be possible to connect to the database instance via targeting
the route in psql. The way that works, is that the openshift router looks at
the SNI, and then it will be able to route it into the Pod that has the
certificate with the same CN or SAN.

I have wiresharked the connection, and noticed that psql does not send a
client hello message.

I would make a guess that this is related to the version of libpq, based on
something which has been seen before on another project that is using
postgresql in combination with terraform, see:
https://github.com/cyrilgdn/terraform-provider-postgresql/pull/295

When I take a look at the latest source code then I believe that provision
have been made for setting up SNI connections:

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/doc/src/sgml/libpq.sgml#L1946

Is this a bug?

От: Devrim Gündüz
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17918: Checksum failed while sync repos for a package
От: Stan S
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17914: walsenders taking up all memory