Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> The most objection seems to be expressed most succinctly in this
> message:
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/16134.1456767564%40sss.pgh.pa.us
> "if we allow non-owners to run ANALYZE, they'd be able to mess things
> up by setting the stats target either much lower or much higher than
> the table owner expected"

> I have trouble seeing much of a problem here if there is an explicit
> MAINTAIN privilege. If you grant someone MAINTAIN to someone, it's not
> surprising that you need to coordinate maintenance-related settings
> with that user; and if you don't, then it's not surprising that the
> statistics could get messed up.

I agree that granting MAINTAIN implies that you trust the grantee
not to mess up your stats.

> Perhaps the objections in that thread were because the proposal
> involved inferring the privilege to ANALYZE from other privileges,
> rather than having an explicit MAINTAIN privilege?

Exactly.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix search_path to a safe value during maintenance operations.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: pgsql: Fix "wrong varnullingrels" for Memoize's lateral references, too