BUG #18085: Error in documentation

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18085: Error in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18085
Logged by:          Edward Flanders
Email address:      edwardflanders@buyitdirect.co.uk
PostgreSQL version: 15.4
Operating system:   Ubuntu

Hi when trying to install postgresql on ubuntu 22.04 I noticed that there
was an error in the documentation as I hit a few issues suggesting the repo
was unsigned.

On further investigation this line in your documentation to add source
should of had an https rather than http.

recommended line: sudo sh -c 'echo "deb
https://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt $(lsb_release -cs)-pgdg main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'

Original section in the install documentation:
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt $(lsb_release
-cs)-pgdg main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list'
wget --quiet -O - https://www.postgresql.org/media/keys/ACCC4CF8.asc | sudo
apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get -y install postgresql

If left as http it will through a 500 error when trying to do an apt-get
update for the postgresql repo.

Thanks

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18083: not compile PostgreSQL module in Qt with GCC 11.2 compiler
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump assertion failure with "-n pg_catalog"