BUG #18194: Missing install instructions

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18194: Missing install instructions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18194
Logged by:          John Pace
Email address:      johnpace95@mail.de
PostgreSQL version: 16.1
Operating system:   Rocky Linux 9

1.
The file
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/README
says you will find instructions to build PostgreSQL in the file INSTALL, but
this files does not exists.

https://github.com/postgres/postgres/blob/master/README.git
refers to
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/installation.html
for install instructions.

So please change the file README.

2.
Also please provide a list of required packages.
For Rocky Linux 9 I used this command line to install required packages:
dnf install git make gcc libicu-devel bison flex readline-devel zlib-devel
perl-FindBin perl-File-Compare

The configure-script shows some of these packages, but not all. I had to
find a lot of the required packages by examining the errors of make.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Wrong result for comparing ROW(...) with IS NOT NULL
От: Abdullah Ergin
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18179: Cluster History Error