BUG #18231: String conversion function is adding special characters in Postgres 15

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18231: String conversion function is adding special characters in Postgres 15
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18231
Logged by:          anvesh work
Email address:      work.anvesh@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 15.0
Operating system:   Windows 10

I have a function which was working fine in Postgres 10 but not in Postgres
15.

When I traced the program, I am facing issue with the VARDATA(arg2).
The arg2 is 2nd argument used in the calling function from PGAdmin4.
After conversion it is returning text with special characters.
In Postgres 10, note that 4 characters are concatenated with special
characters, but other characters are working fine.
Following are the lines of code:
pgsql:
select functionname('arg1', 'arg2', 'arg3');

My Method in C program has
 text  *arg2 = PG_GETARG_TEXT_P(1);
 int output = PbValue (VARDATA(arg2));

Postgres.h file:
#define VARDATA(PTR)                        VARDATA_4B(PTR)
#define VARDATA_4B(PTR)        (((varattrib_4b *) (PTR))->va_4byte.va_data)

To resolve this, we have used memcpy for converting characters.
 memcpy(str, VARDATA(arg2), arg_size);

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18231: String conversion function is adding special characters in Postgres 15