Re: Restart after poweroutage

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Restart after poweroutage
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net> writes:
> On Monday 25 September 2006 02:48 pm, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I spent quite some time today trying to duplicate this failure (by
>> pulling the plug on an up-to-date Fedora Core 5 machine).  No luck.

> Is there something I could do to help capture useful information
> should I see a repeat of this behavior?

What I'd really like to have is an strace of the postmaster when it
produces this error.  If you're lucky, the failure will be repeatable
(ie, try to start the postmaster again and it fails again with same
error) and you can just strace it at that point.  If it isn't repeatable
in that sense, that in itself is useful information, but capturing an
strace will be painful :-(

Also, if it is repeatable, "ipcs -m" output will be useful context.

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: Restart after poweroutage
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Restart after poweroutage