Re: Auto vacuum not running -- Could not bind socket for statistics collector

От Tim Schäfer
Тема Re: Auto vacuum not running -- Could not bind socket for statistics collector
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

> On December 3, 2014 at 5:04 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> which suggests that getaddrinfo() preferentially looks in /etc/hosts
> before contacting any DNS server.  So perhaps that "dig" call is not
> telling you the real state of affairs, and what you need to do is
> see if there's a bogus entry for localhost in /etc/hosts.

Thanks a lot, your last hint did the trick!

The /etc/hosts file looked like this on the DB server:

  ::1             localhost ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
  192.168.185.41  ixion41.molbi ixion41
  192.168.185.41  ixion41.molbi ixion41

I changed it to this:

  127.0.0.1       localhost
  ::1             ipv6-localhost ipv6-loopback
  192.168.185.41  ixion41.molbi ixion41
  192.168.185.41  ixion41.molbi ixion41

Then I restarted the db server. Now I find this in the logs:
2014-12-03 17:17:53 CET     LOG:  database system was shut down at 2014-12-03
17:17:51 CET
2014-12-03 17:17:53 CET     LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections
2014-12-03 17:17:53 CET     LOG:  autovacuum launcher started

So it seems to work now. Thanks a lot for your time & efforts, Tom Lane!

--
Tim

От: pinker
Сообщение: Re: Merge rows based on Levenshtein distance
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Mistake in documentation? ANALYZE on partitioned tables