Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?

От Thorsten Schöning
Тема Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?
Дата
Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?  (Thorsten Schöning <tschoening@am-soft.de>)
Список pgsql-general
Guten Tag Tom Lane,
am Sonntag, 19. Juli 2020 um 20:37 schrieben Sie:

> It's a security thing.  A user who can create such a cast can thereby
> change the behavior of other people's queries.

I'm not sure what your are telling me: Can CASTs only be created by
superusers? I didn't read that in the docs.

If they are not only created by superusers, how can I restore CASTs to
a database owned by some other user? There are no other users than
the one owning the database in my case.

Even if there was, I don't see why CASTs should be handled differently
than all other objects successfully restored to have a new owner, when
CASTs seem to be per database as well. Looking at the source database,
the CASTs in question are only shown for the database they are used
in, no other.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

Telefon...........05151-  9468- 55
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Re: PG 9.5.5 cores on AIX 7.1
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: How to restore a dump containing CASTs into a database with a new user?