BUG #18343: Incorrect description in postgresql.conf for max_parallel_workers_per_gather

От PG Bug reporting form
Тема BUG #18343: Incorrect description in postgresql.conf for max_parallel_workers_per_gather
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      18343
Logged by:          Christopher Kline
Email address:      kline.christopher@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 14.11
Operating system:   Windows 10 x64

In the default postgresql.conf that is generated, there are the following
lines:

#max_worker_processes = 8        # (change requires restart)
#max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 2    # taken from max_parallel_workers
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< THIS
#max_parallel_maintenance_workers = 2    # taken from max_parallel_workers
max_parallel_workers = 8        # maximum number of max_worker_processes that
                    # can be used in parallel operations

it indicates that the default value is taken from whatever
max_parallel_workers is. However, if I start postgresql with those settings
and issue a query of
   SELECT setting, unit FROM pg_settings WHERE name =
'max_parallel_workers_per_gather'

the result I get is '2', not '8'.

This leads me to believe that either there is a bug in the code that's not
setting the correct default, or the comment in postgresql.conf is incorrect.

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18342: pg_rewind copy all files found in pg_wal source directory
От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18344: Pruning tables partitioned by bool range fails with invalid strategy